June Cards

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Can you believe that July is already half over? The summer is zooming by fast and has been really busy. I've had baby showers, weddings, father's day and birthdays galore. I didn't make as many cards as I would have liked but I did manage to get two done and out the door. The first one was a card for Father's day for my FIL.
I hate to say it but I was less than creative on the card. I totally loved everything about a card I found over at Paperwishes so ordered everything to copy the card. The great steampunk paper, the vintage cars Dazzles the smooch inks and I lifted the design and made a copy. It turned out great and the act of putting it together sprouted a few ideas for the future.











I love Dazzles and have a three ring binder full of them and often forget that. If I'm lucking during a creative brainstorming process I'll  remember and be able to pull out some sheet that ends up being just the perfect thing for what I'm working on.


The next card I did was for my husbands birthday. We are both huge Star Wars fans and I couldn't let an opportunity to cut Darth Vader on my Silhouette Cameo go by. (Honey's a huge fan of the Empire.)
It was simple but the result was an ecstatic husband and that's what counts. Especially since the poor guys had his birthday sandwiched between a baby shower and and a wedding and his birthday presents have still not arrived. (My bad)  Anyhooo. I used card stock from Close to My Heart. I love how smooth it is and how wonderful it is to work with. Simple  black layers on the cuts and where the white (Colonial White to be exact) was showing I used Silver Smooch ink. It looks really nice and like I said he was tickled.

No comments:

Post a Comment