Diamonds and Pearls

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter Saturday everyone. I hope everyone has some great plans for the holiday weekend. I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family at the new home of my Niece. At 18 is the first time she's hosted a family holiday and needless to say she's a little nervous. It should be fun.

Today I've got another set of stick pins that I made for the Stick Pin swap group over at Mini Album Scraps. I know that some people wonder why someone would choose to do projects like this. I have to say I just love how pretty the pins are and I do like pretty and I love seeing what everyone else is doing.

I also like that one of the requirements is the presentation piece that is made for them. It makes me stretch my creative imagination and really work on techniques. My biggest problem is that I think it take me forever to come up with a basic idea and then determining the papers or materials and embellishments to fill the project out. This time in conjunction with a horrible work week I had issues with the cut files I used that were of my own making. There is nothing worse then having a piece of very special paper and not wanting to ruin it so it takes some trial and error to get things just right before cutting.

Again, I'm working on my lighting skills. One day I'll get figure out a set up that lights everything up beautifully on a consistent basis. I have a feeling it's going to come in the form of the light in my upstairs office.

My inspiration for this was from a post earlier this week over at Craftin' Chaos. I loved the little favor box she used and went to the Silhouette Online Store to locate a similar box as her file was not available. You can find it here.  I used Close to My Heart card stock  for the base of my box. I love it, it cuts great and is wonderful to work with. The awesome silver leopard spot paper is by Anna Griffin and embellishments for the box are all Close to My Heart.

The glitter card stock I used was from the DCWV Twinkle Glints 6X6 stack and it's backed with CTMH White Daisy card stock and the grey ribbon was from my stash.


The lighting stinks but I used pearl flourishes on the box along with sparkles. The theme was Diamonds and Pearls after all and what girl wouldn't love to receive a blinged out box of pretty pins.

I think these little boxes would be great for giving small gifts so you may see more in the future.  I hope you enjoyed this and we'll see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment