Stick Pin Swap at MAS

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Well it's Sunday and I'm exhausted, it's been a busy week. Spent most of the weekend with my husband and two of his sisters. Dinner with the family and us girls had a baby shower for a friend of our yesterday. Now it's back to crafting.

I am a member of the fine group over at Mini Album Scraps. I'm really glad that I joined the group. It's made me more accountable in my crafting and I think a bit more creative and for me, these really are challenges. I think because presentation is a very important part of the swap and that really needs to be as good as what you are swapping.
Now, I'm also cook, and I know that presentation is a huge part of serving food and I put a lot of thought into it and it just come second nature to me most days. But in the crafting world...well let's just say this really is more of a challenge for me.




















The last swap that I joined was the June Stick Pin Swap which had a beach theme and I jumped in with both feet. I wasn't as happy with my presentation piece as I would have liked. I had an idea but I don't think I executed it as well as I can.  The worst part about the whole this is that once you start making these you don't want to give them away. They are all so pretty.


Requirements for the pins were that there needed to be 4 pins per presentation piece and we were swapping three. Beach was our theme so we needed to stick with colors found around the beach be they sea glass, shells, drift wood etc and at least one pin had to have a dangle. The hardest part for me was finding anything that resembled a decent seashell.

I think I did pretty well.
What do you think for my first stick pin swap? Did I pull it off?
I'm looking forward to getting my swapped pins back and I'm currently working on my next stick pin swap which includes a pin cushion as a presentation piece.
Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment