Thinking of You Card

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I've been working on learning lately. Learning LOTS of different techniques which is just fascinating to me. One of my favorite places to learn new things is the Weekly Webisodes over at Paper Wishes I advise you to not venture there unless you are better than I am at controlling the desire to  purchase every cool thing they have on their website.

That said they were actually the inspiration for my wedding invitations that I'm working on thanks to their wonderful Color Me Papers. I've got a whole slew of these papers that I am hand coloring for the wedding invitations. But. In order to figure out what the heck I'm doing I've had to do some playing. The thing I really like about this paper is that Paper wishes/Hot Off the Press has done all the hard work for you, by stamping and and heat embossing the raised image with clear embossing powder. All you have to do is add your color to show off the beautiful designs. So here we have a card that I've recently done with lots of different techniques I've been trying out.

The card itself is from my stash of primary cards from Joann's. The blue swirled paper is the Swirl Color Me. I applied ink from my Surf Cat's Eye with a make up sponge dabbing all over the surface and then wiping the ink off the raised swirl images with a paper towel. My Lady Bug image is from Bugaboo Stamps. This I colored with my chalks and although you can't really tell from this picture the Lady Bugs were topped with Rangers Glossy Accents.


Here's a close up of my circle sentiment. I've been fascinated with these in the last couple of weeks. This sentiment is from the great designers over at Squigglefly.  I love circle sentiments but I have some major issues cutting and so... Well lets just say the embellishments I quilled for this was to hide the fact that I apparently cant follow a line very well. Even with a template. I was rather tickled with my fringed flower. I really like adding the three dimensional quality to things I'm working on. Sure, it makes it harder to send through the mail but it's awful pretty to look at.

1 comment: