Chalk It Up Blog Hop

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Howdy everyone, Happy End of July! I can't believe that this month is gone already but I'm really excited to particitpate in the August Damask Diva's Bolg Hop!



If you came from Scrappin Madge's awesome blog, you are in the right place.  If you have jumped here and just discovered our blog hop, feel free to check the list at Damask Diva's blog to find the complete list of blog hop participants.”

This months hop is very exciting because we are using the Chalk It Up paper pack from the new CTMH Annual Inspiration Book that will be live tomorrow. There is so much to see in this catalog that I can hardly stand it, and of course I want to play with it all.

So for my project I have been working on a small mini album for my  cousins oldest who just turned 12 last week. I spent a lot of time with them when she was a wee one and I used to take pictures of her all the time. Then, when I moved I started stealing photos from her mom's facebook account so I could throw this together. 

For this I used the CTMH My Creations Hip Pic Album. This is so, so so cute and easy peasy to work with.

Ta Da!!!




Along with the Hip Pics Album I also used the CTMH Artbooking Cricut cartridge and Cricut Design Space to cut some additional goodies using the Chalk It Up paper pack. Little Miss is a big fan of blues and greens so I tried to maximize the usage of the beautiful blue color in the pack, but I LOVE the doodle art on this paper. For the cover I cut a pennant frame at 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" and slapped it down over her photo, added some Teal Shimmer Trim and then thought "I need to ad more."

So I added the little pennant cut out, some additional pennants and I cut out the phrase "Sassy" also on the Artbooking cart, and glittered it up before adding it.




I felt that I shouldn't really cut down the photo I used for the inside cover so I decided to mat it with the blue/teal chalk bubble paper and I used the beach ball overlay on pg 39 as it really also reminded me of bubbles. Then I used Chalk It Up for matting rest of the pages  as well.

If you'd like to see what the rest of the little album looks like check back this weekend, I'm in the process of editing my first video. Yay!
“The next blog hop participant on the list Jessica Wilson. Hope you have a great time on our hop and checking out all the creations using Chalk It Up. If you get lost, just hop on over to  the Damask Diva's Blog for the full list.”

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love how the solid colors really pop on the cover and the use of the cut on the back of her picture is so perfect with that paper!! What a great book...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice Felica! cant wait to see your video.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete