Monday, March 18, 2013

I love crafts and as I get, well older, I suppose. I really like doing home decor things for my own place. Probably in part because I was a late bloomer and was always renting a room or living in someone else's house. But now, Honey and I are rebuilding the house his grandparents built after saving it from being condemned (really).  We live in the basement. A 722 square foot basement. Thins originally looked like this...
I'm learning all about design and color and it's kinda scary.  
That hole is my "downstairs" kitchen window. It's all concrete down here and sticks up about two feet above ground. 

Here's is a partial picture of the kitchen after it was painted before we got out cabinets in.

I don't have a picture of what the "living room" looked like before but lets just say it was very similar and when we move up to the main living area it will be a man cave/spare bedroom. Now the living room had been looking pretty much like this. Please forgive the blurry bad pic, this was a cell phone pic the day we got our grown up furniture about 6 months ago.

So I've been wanting pieces to decorate my house. Of course I don't want things like everyone else and I'm trying to develop some sort of style of my own. Right now it's called basement clutter. After a year of having nothing on the walls, we finally got some floating shelves up. They look really nice, I have a couple of photos in frame up and I'm praying the cats don't decide they are for them. LOL. 

Tomorrow I'll post the pictures I'm putting up in the shelves. They are from the trip I took to San Francisco at the beginning of the month. In the meantime off to finish another project so I can post some pics of them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment